I am Martin Haworth and I am a coach, trainer and writer with wide experience in management and coaching. I have led many training programs worldwide, as well as working with individual clients in a wide range of industries.
More recently, I have been writing and sharing experiences, beginning with a book that has been long in the delivery, yet on a topic that has always been very close to my heart – the impact every manager has on the lives not just of their employees, but those they live their lives with outside the workplace.
This is my first published book, written for Kindle and soon to be available as a paperback too, Conversations with Juliet: Leadership and Management Skills, Learnt from a Child (Kindle 2015).
More writing is on the cards with the ‘Simply Management’ Series, being released during 2015/16.
Here is a more formal version of my CV: –
Martin Haworth – TPD Coaching Ltd
17 Appleton Way, Hucclecote, Gloucester. GL3 3RP
Phone 01452 226414
Mobile 07866 803937
Fax 0844 500 3885
Business, Management Coaching & training
October 2001 – February 2015
- 1500+ hours one-to-one client coaching relationships, both by phone and face-to-face, worldwide
- PCC accredited since 2010 by the International Coach Federation, the world’s largest independent accreditation organisation
- Delivery of varied ‘soft-skills’ workshops, training and speaking for over 1200 hours in 31 countries
- Career development shifts achieved with clients, including development centre, interview and selection centre support
- Writer of Conversations with Juliet: Leadership and Management Skills, Learnt from a Child (Kindle 2015); Super Successful Manager!™, a unique, online, management development membership program; ‘Succession Planning Toolkit’; ‘How To Land Your Dream Job’; ‘How To Win At Assessment Centers’ & 400+ business & management articles
- Provision of a content-rich website sharing people management skills, hints, tips and ideas at Coaching Businesses To Success
- Writer of the popular ‘Simply Management Series’, 12 topics to date
- Clients from 3AB Care Ltd., ACOVO, ACEVO, Abacus Global, Asprey-Garrard, Boots the Chemists, EDF Energy, Gloucestershire Media, Harrow Council, Key Group Consulting, Leonard Cheshire, Lloyds TSB, Lloyds TSB Foundation, Maersk Oil, Maersk Tankers, Matthews Brand Solutions, Nat West Bank, Neteller, Nokia, Nokia Siemens Networks, Nuclear Decommissioning Agency, OCCAM, Premier Partnerships, Property for Life, Sainsburys, Sargent Cancer Care for Children, South Wales Police, TNM Coaching, Venning Thorn, Welsh Assembly, WiRE, Your Business Matters.
- Princes Trust mentor working in diverse client business areas
- CoachU Faculty Teleclass Leader and Trainer
- Social media expert in Twitter and LinkedIn
Organisational Change Manager – Boots the Chemists Ltd.
January 2000 – October 2001
Managed delivery of balanced scorecard and soft-skills training to Region of over 200 stores and 4000 managers and employees
- Provided personal one-to-one coaching to senior store managers
- Contributed to writing key organisation-wide training programmes in ‘Coaching and Feedback’ and ‘Team Building’
- Facilitated in-store team analysis of problems and solving by store staff
- Provided senior regional team development programme and coaching
Regional HR Manager – Boots the Chemists Ltd.
February 1999 – November 1999 (secondment)
- Responsible for HR function for 200 stores and 4000 employees
- Created and implemented management development centres providing all managers and potential managers with PDPs
- Responsible for recruitment of all management levels within the region
- Managed pharmacist recruitment during a period of national shortage
- Provided one-to-one informal coaching support for regional and area managers
Various Store Management Roles – Boots the Chemists Ltd.
November 1977-September 2001
- 7 stores – team sizes from 6 to 300, with TISP up to £30M pa
- Accountable for delivery of sales and cost budgets
- Realising potential of individuals through own interventions (including forerunner of Succession Planning Toolkit)
- Key management – Lewisham, SE London 1986–1992. Turned round annual 125% employee turnover to below 25%, net profit from £100K loss to £500K profit. Broader involvement of employees in a multi-ethnic environment
- Chair, Gloucester City Centre Management Board – 1998-2000
- As a pharmacist, tutored 13 pharmacy graduates to successful registration
- 1964 – 1972 Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Blackburn – A Level’s in Chemistry, Maths, Physics and General Studies
- 1972 – 1975 Bradford University BPharm Hons Pharmacy (2:1)
- Pharmacist registered with the GPhC
- 2004 International Coaching Federation accredited (PCC level)
- 2004 Intercept coaching programme accredited
- 2003 CoachU Graduate
- 2004 Newcastle College Diploma in Performance Coaching
- 2008 certified Print Strategies coach
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Management
- Member of the International Coach Federation
- Director of Development, UK ICF, 2005-6
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office; WordPress; HTML
- Internet capable with 3 websites, one with 5000+ visitors pm
- Twitter account builder for varied clients
- Born Blackburn, Lancashire, 21/04/1954
- Married – two children post-University
- Full passport/driving licence